The Council has a number of Social Media outlets which we invite the public to follow us on. The intention is to create an environment where people are able to contribute their views without fear of abuse, harassment or exposure to offensive or otherwise inappropriate content.
The Council reserves the right to remove any comments or contributions that break the rules or guidelines of our social media outlets.
When contributing your views please ensure that you:
- Are civil, tasteful and relevant.
- Protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information in your public posts (such as email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers).
- Do not post messages that are unlawful, libellous, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive.
- Do not use insulting, offensive or hateful language.
- Do not post content copied from elsewhere, for which you do not own the copyright.
- Do not post the same message, or very similar messages, more than once (also called “spamming”).
- Do not publicise your, or anyone else’s, personal information, such as contact details.
- Do not promote commercial interests in your posts.
- Represent your own views and not impersonate or falsely represent any other person.
Please take care not to make defamatory statements. In law this means a statement that lowers the reputation of a person or organisation in the eyes of a reasonable person. By publishing such a statement we can both get into serious trouble. The Council will therefore remove any statement that could be deemed to be defamatory