PKC Community Greenspace support a growing network of volunteer path groups in Perth and Kinross. These groups have taken on the role of keeping the local path networks open and accessible by…
- undertaking practical (hands on) work to repair and maintain paths for walkers, riders and cyclists to use
- promoting their paths and assisting PKC with way-marking as part of the Core Path Implementation Plan
- carrying out path audits
- taking the lead on large projects to improve paths, build new ones or create user friendly routes and facilities
PKC Community Greenspace can help new groups to get set up and provide ongoing support e.g. by helping to arrange practical tasks, landowner contacts, technical assistance and advise on raising funds. Please contact the Communities team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Constituted path groups who work alongside PKC Community Greenspace are entitled to…
- enthusiastic support from their local Greenspace Ranger
- £500/ group annually from PKC Community Greenspace to purchase materials and/or tools to allow the group to complete tasks
- access to tools via their Greenspace Ranger
- access to worksheets from TCV via our Ranger subscription
- invitation to annual networking event with other path groups (free of cost)
- practical training in a variety of power tools (including Flail, Mower and Strimmer)
Path groups Community Greenspace support are listed below.
Links are active for path groups we know to have website or links to the website of their affiliated organisation; for those that don’t please complete the form at the bottom of this page and PKC will put you in touch with your local group.
Perth City and Kinross Area
West Perthshire (Strathearn)