Update from Sharon at Forward Coupar Angus
May has been a busy month! The weather has been fantastic and the plants are growing well. The tomatoes and chillies are out in the poly tunnel, the kales and cabbages are growing fast and the salads are stunning. Our Wednesday evening volunteer nights have been busy – we have about 10 regular folks coming down and growing together – always lots of fun, with some beautiful sunny Spring evenings.. we have completed the cob oven – now to start planning some pizza nights! We have also experienced a month of plentiful giving! Our HUGE thanks to the folks that have given their time and energy and resources to the gardens – including:
- Jon – for making wonderful flower boxes from recycled pallets
- Steve – An amazing new sign created by hand for the gardens
- Sue – for dropping of seedlings and plants for the gardens… and for the amazing liquid feed! The tomatoes are happier already…
- Alison – for donating paint brushes for the sign painting!
- Saranne – BUNTING!!! wow
- To all the folks who came by after the poly tunnel was vandalised and helped fix it… a huge thanks for the support..
- The MAD squad – who helped bury the fork… big thanks to Joe, Jon, Kenny, Bruce and David for making digging a huge hole a lot of fun!
- Perthshire Timber Co – for donating wood to enable us to start building our outdoor classroom, seats and tables – a massive thanks!
We are looking forward to June – we have lots of events planned – we hope to see you there!
Please contact Sharon on 07833938536 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More to follow…